Programmer Analyst - ETL Developer
Salary + benefits
WindyCity Technologies Inc., is searching for a bright, motivated self-starter with expertise in Information Technology. This role will support the application team to devise solutions for complex business requirements, implement industry standard practices for web development and maintenance per development standards.
The Programmer Analyst will perform the following professional responsibilities:
* Perform routine professional assignments that require the application of theories and principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to create, test, and evaluate all components, business software applications and related issues.
* Work in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities with strong analytical, problem-solving and collaborative skills; Develop, design, document and execute application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications; Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, with focus to mitigate risks; Establish and implement standards and strategies for data management, lifecycle, and quality management; Define best practices and standards for the data modeling process.
*Analyze the communications, informational, database and programming requirements of clients; plan, develop, design, test and implement software programs for engineering applications and highly sophisticated network systems;Design, program and implement software application packages customized to meet specific client needs; Review existing computer systems to determine compatibility with projected or identified client needs;
* Research and select appropriate system, including ensuring forward compatibility of existing systems;Review, repair and modify software programs to ensure technical accuracy and reliability of programs; Involve in technical decisions for business requirement, interaction with business analysts, client team, development team, capacity planning and process improvement;
* Perform project definition, scoping/sizing, and analysis of technical alternatives and promptly gather information to determine methods for data extraction from a variety of database structures;Design ETL architecture of data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP; Create, configure, extract, transform and fine-tune ETL workflows designed in MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS);
* Perform Extraction, Transformation, Data Conversion, Data Migration and Load (ETL) data from various data sources such as Excel, Flat file and other database using SSIS services;Develop T-SQL programs and optimize stored procedures and queries for faster retrieval and Server efficiency and SSIS for query optimization to increase the performance of the report; Utilize various control flow tasks such as transfer job task and different data flow tasks along with for loop and for each loop containers to create SSIS packages;
* Manage and automate control flow, data flow, events and logging programmatically for SSIS packages; SSIS performance tuning using counter, error handling, event handling, re-running of failed SSIS packages using checkpoints;Ensure that data conversions are completed in the most well-organized manner and to the highest standards in an individual and/or team environment;
* Support of system tasks including monitoring and problem resolution; Demonstrate thorough knowledge of features, structure, attributes, hierarchies and data marts; Execute unit tests and validate expected results: iterating until test conditions have passed; Perform problem assessment, resolution and documentation in existing ETL packages, mapping and workflow in production;
* Versioning of code using GIT source control tool; Train clients on use of software applications and computer systems developed; provide trouble shooting and debugging support; Other similar professional duties as required;
* Bachelorís degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or closely related field.
* I.T Skills : SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL, XML, VB.net, MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2008 R2/2005, TOAD, MS Office, MS Visual Studio, GIT repositories.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently.
* Open to re-location.