WindyCity Technologies Inc., is searching for a bright, motivated self-starter with expertise in Information Technology. This role will support the application team to devise solutions for complex business requirements, implement industry standard practices for web development and maintenance per development standards.
The Programmer Analyst will perform the following professional responsibilities:
* Establish and implement standards and strategies for data management, lifecycle, and quality management; Define best practices and standards for the data modeling process;*Provide Development Support for Fixing Defects and Maintenance; Develop prototype views and reports of the data and work with business users both internal and external to refine their requirements;
*Develop dashboards that aggregate application metrics for both proactive and reactive monitoring and create search-based solutions for real-time indexing, analysis and visualization using ELK (ElasticSearch, LogStash and Kibana) stack, Big Data technologies like Hadoop eco-system, Spark, Cassandra.;
* Design & monitor the construction of user-facing presentation tools; Maintain logical and physical data models for production, Business Intelligence, data warehouse and data marts; Knowledge of cloud based technologies is preferred – Amazon ELK stack;
* Design and monitor construction of Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes; Identify critical integration issues and develop corrective solutions; Maintain logical and physical data models for production, Business Intelligence data warehouse and data marts; Participate in data design walkthroughs to communicate data warehouse and Data Mart table designs to ETL developers;
* Knowledge of automation tools and configuration management tools like Ansible, GitHub; Maintenance and Administration of database platforms; Engage in performance tuning of existing data structures; Administer and Monitor data protection requirements as they relate to the database platforms and solutions; Communicate testing progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management. Work with team members to assess progress of deliverables; Provide application instructions for users; Record and document results and compare to expected results
* Minimum of Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field with experience in Information Technology with a specific expertise in Big Data Technologies, Data warehousing, analytics, requirements gathering, reviews, solution design, estimation and general planning for project execution, monitoring & control, dimensional modeling skills.
* I.T Skills - ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana, Big Data (Hadoop eco-System, NoSQL, Spark, HDFS, Cassandra), Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS including Report Builder, SSIS, SSAS), Data Visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, Kibana), Configuration Management (Ansible, Jenkins, GitHub), Python, AWS
* Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently.